Whirlpool Process Engineer in Amana, Iowa
Date: Jan 9, 2019
Location: Amana, IA, US, 52204
Company: Whirlpool Corporation
Requisition ID: 30492
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
Responsible for ensuring the uninterrupted operation of assigned extrusion and thermoforming equipment/tooling while achieving the highest level of quality while driving waste elimination through the use of advanced World Class Manufacturing(WCM) tools and methodologies.
● Develop and maintain equipment documentation including, but not limited to: Tool and operation sheets, machine drawings, tool drawings, PFMEA's (process failure mode & effects analysis), control plans, OPL's (one point lessons), software backup programs, etc.
● Lead continuous improvement projects partnering with equipment operators, skilled trades and quality teams to improve quality, reduce mean time to repair (MTTR), improve mean time between failures(MTBF) and reduce cost to run and maintain the equipment.
● Participate in activities supporting the introduction of new products such as Make vs Buy decisions, Equipment OEM selection, equipment design/startup, First Part Approval, trial runs, etc
● Provide hands on troubleshooting support for the equipment operators, maintenance and tooling technicians to minimize production interruptions resulting from downtime.
● Track and monitor equipment/process performance metrics to identify improvement opportunities
● Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
● 2+ years of manufacturing experience
● Experience with the maintenance, repair, specification and qualification of plastics equipment and tooling
● Master’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/ Electrical/Plastics)
● Proven success leading equipment/process improvement projects from inception to completion
● Requires a comprehensive knowledge of the use of advanced manufacturing techniques
● Thorough understanding of World Class Manufacturing tools/methods specifically Professional Maintenance, Autonomous Maintenance and Focused Improvement.
● Well-developed communications, conflict management, coaching, interpersonal and team building skills
● PMP certification
● Six Sigma Training/Certification
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Nearest Major Market: Cedar Rapids
Nearest Secondary Market: Iowa City
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Social Media, Electrical, Engineering, Marketing